Thanks to the geniuses on Reddit for this list!
- Collect the domestic meta-data of both parties in a phone-call. Source
- Set up fake internet cafes to steal data. Source
- Has intercepted the phone calls of at least 35 world leaders, including allies such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel.Source
- Can tap into the underwater fiber-optic cables that carry a majority of the world’s internet traffic. Source
- Tracks communications within media institutions such as Al Jazeera. Source
- Has ‘bugged’ the United Nations headquarters. Source
- Has set up a financial database to track international banking and credit card transactions. Source
- Collects and stores over 200 million domestic and foreign text messages each day. Source
- Collects and has real-time access to browsing history, email, and social media activity. To gain access, an analyst simply needs to fill out an on-screen form with a broad justification for the search that is not reviewed by any court or NSA personnel. Source
- Creates maps of the social networks of United States citizens. Source
- Has access to smartphone app data. Source
- Uses spies in embassies to collect data, often by setting up ‘listening stations’ on the roofs of buildings. Source
- Uses fake LinkedIn profiles and other doctored web pages to secretly install surveillance software in unwitting companies and individuals. Source
- Tracks reservations at upscale hotels. Source
- Has intercepted the talking-points of world leaders before meetings with Barack Obama. Source
- Can crack encryption codes on cellphones. Source
- Has implanted software on over 100,000 computers worldwide allowing them to hack data without internet connection, using radio waves. Source
- Has access to computers through fake wireless connections. Source
- Monitors communications in online games such as World of Warcraft. Source
- Intercepts shipping deliveries and install back-door devices allowing access. Source
- Has direct access to the data centers of Google, Yahoo and other major companies. Source
- Covertly and overtly infiltrate United States and foreign IT industries to weaken or gain access to encryption, often by collaborating with software companies and internet service providers themselves. They are also, according to an internal document, “responsible for identifying, recruiting and running covert agents in the global telecommunications industry.”Source
- The use of “honey traps”, luring targets into compromising positions using sex. Source
- The sharing of raw intelligence data with Israel. Only official U.S. communications are affected, and there are no legal limits on the use of the data from Israel. Source
- Spies on porn habits of activists to discredit them. Source
- GCHQ intercepting random webcam images. Source
- NSA tracks the location of 5 billion cellphones. Source
- US intelligence chiefs have confirmed that the National Security Agency has used a “back door” in surveillance law to perform warrantless searches on Americans’ communications. Source
You should be concerned.
Wow. All with sources. And people are just letting this happen. Unreal.
Quick note, I completely screwed up with the tumblr file sizes. I’m uploading the whole thing here for simplicity’s sake, but you can view the entire comic full size/better quality »HERE«
Hey everybody - my daughter did this!
Whatever power you give the state to do things FOR you carries with it the equivalent power to do things TO you. ~ Albert Jay Nock
Biden says we can’t trust the President and Vice President with all that intrusive information … unless it is him, of course!
Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we’ve been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it. ~ Edward Snowden
Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being interviewed by a liberal journalist, an animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting. The journalist asked, ‘What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, ‘Are you my friend?’ or is it ‘Are you the one who killed my brother?
Nugent replied, ‘Deer aren’t capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, what am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the Democrats in Congress.’
The interview ended.
LOL, if I knew I wouldn’t have to clean it up, I might try that sometime.